Just like anything in house, the CPAP machines and the Cpap Resmed Supplies also need to be cleaned regularly and taken good care of. Doing this not just helps in eliminating any kind of unwanted germs or dust but it even extends life of the equipment.
In case you have been on the CPAP at your home you would already know about all is benefits and thus giving it some TLC would benefit you as well as the machines.
Common issues with CPAP care
- The CPAP machines degrade with time
- The CPAP machines may become the breeding ground for the bacteria when not cleaned regularly. In case you’re using humidification, just ensure that the humidification chamber as well as the tubing is clean always. In case you are not sure about the cleanliness, best thing is to order for some new and updated CPAP Machine Accessories.
- The CPAP masks would also degrade with time which includes the headgear and the cushions. In case you’ve even noticing increased leakage in the mask. Irrespective of how tight you are adjusting it, it’s likely that you will have to replace the intranasal and the nasal cushions.
- Most of the CPAP machines have external filter which has to be changed regularly. This not only helps in eliminating the airborne particles but it even extends the life of the machine.
- Both the experienced and the new CPAP Machine Accessories users should be aware of the process of cleaning and maintaining the device.
Tips to maintain your COAO device
- Each and every BiPAP including Dream Station BiPAP has a life span of approximately 5 years. When you maintain it in a good way, it lasts longer. But you need to keep in mind that at the end of the day it is a machine. Most of the CPAP manufacturers offer a one year warranty on the machines.
- Constant care is required for maintaining peak functionality. It’s very important to properly clean or if required, change machine specific filters. According to the standards, the disposable filter needs to be replacing at least once in a month while the non-disposable filter needs to be replaces at least once in every 3 to 6 months.
- The non-disposable filter is made up of foam which may be washed out easily with water and maybe set out for completely drying before you use it.
- While cleaning the CPAP machine with the CPAP Resmed Supplies, you need to ensure that you only dust or wipe it with antibacterial cloth. You should not submerge it in water.
- In case the machine has a humidification chamber, it’s suggested that you daily replace the water and rinse the chamber also.
Irrespective of the CPAP Resmed Supplies and the CPAP machine, cleaning and maintenance are very important for keeping the machine up and running to an apt level. The CPAP Machine Accessories help in removing approximately 99% of bacteria which is found on CPAP machine not just improving cleanliness of the machine but also giving you peace of mind that you will be able to get a good sleep knowing that your machine if absolutely clean.